Day 21 of 31 Days of Wisdom
“The plans of the diligent lead surely to plenty, but those of everyone who is hasty, surely to poverty.” Proverbs 21:5
Lack of planning is something many of us can probably relate to. Planning takes effort. It takes time. You sit and write and think and map out and so on and so on. This is why so many people don’t do it because it’s easier to just go with the flow, take it one day at a time, live in the moment, and any other cliché we can think of. Spontaneity is great and should be appreciated but what about planning? What effect does planning our day have? How about our week? Our life?
Verse 5 of Proverbs 21 says that the planning of the diligent lead surely to plenty. Is it possible that we can have great ideas, great vision, and even a great destiny but it never come to pass because we didn’t plan it out? I’m afraid so. Here’s why planning is so critical:
1) It signifies that you value whatever it is you are planning out
2) It puts you in a position to foresee challenges and obstacles
3) It angles you to see the wonderful opportunities and resources at your disposal
4) It gives you something to pray about and exercise your faith concerning
5) It allows you to make more informed decisions
6) It saves you time and frustration
7) It makes you more attentive to God’s leading
8) It inspires you
9) It stirs up creativity
10)It leads to success and plenty
These are some amazing benefits! My hope is we would plan our days better. If we do we will see success and plenty in all we do.
May God richly bless you and prosper the plans of your heart and the work of your hands.